Hypatia Theon's Philosophical Investigations

Hypatia daughter of Theon was respected by the whole city of Alexandria for her wisdom in spiritual matters as well has her deep knowledge of mathematics and astronomy, having made contributions to the analysis of conic sections and construction of the astrolabe for measuring the position of stars and planets. Read more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ALEXANDRIA, Greece

After a few hundred years in soulful communion with her beloved "One," Hypatia Theon found herself drawn once again into human form, this time after becoming a seasoned RPG campaigner, which you can read about at [http://pearllong.blogspot.com ] Hypatia Theon investigated the applications of role play to therapy at MDJunction, as you can see at [http://www.mdjunction.com/diary/fun-games/pearl-hunts-a-cute-hunter-game-forum-post-of-player-longzhenzhus-character-pearl-dragon]. Now the time seems ripe for a new endeavor, the application of the skills she's learned to coordinating volunteer experts and problems in economic development to make our world a better place.




Your Brain is 60.00% Female, 40.00% Male
Your brain is a healthy mix of male and female You are both sensitive and savvy Rational and reasonable, you tend to keep level headed But you also tend to wear your heart on your sleeve
What Gender Is Your Brain?

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A message for Carri

Dear Carri

   Since the interface at IZEA (Where I started the whole Shaggy-dog post due to frustration with the dragged out posting process that kept making me do one thing after another  then another and yet another and so on before finally letting me post.) is so poor for users (Convenient as it may be for a company that seemingly wants to totally dominate, rather than genuinely communicate.) I'll post my half of our dialog here on a blog that I control, and where you or anyone else is free to comment (except not anonymously, which I consider the way of all cowards and don't permit.) Here's what the IZEA DOG ate. (If I sound a bit peeved, then I've succeeded in ironic understatement because the truth is that I'm totally outraged.)

   From the video you can see what our family business is 12 hours or more a day five days a week. The photo shows me performing a wedding, which I often do several times on weekends as Rev. Wilkinson, ULC. I doubt IZEA is relevant to these jobs or the time I spend swimming for exercise, so let's consider the things I do on the internet in my precious free time. (I hope you're beginning to grasp my inclination to kill as many birds as I can with each stone, and why I don't repeat mistakes that cost me time, e.g., your posting process?)

   I'm an editor of Wikipedia. Just recently I rewrote and updated the links for Nanette Workman's page, then sent her a request, to which she agreed, to upload some photographs to Wikipedia commons, so soon we may be able to illustrate her page with the proverbial thousands of words worth of pictures. A real boon if you're a Nanette Workman fan, like yours truly. (I have virtually every song she's ever sung, but that's beside the point for IZEA, isn't it?) Can you help out here? Probably, not. Can I do anything for you? Maybe write a page about your company? Because the only thing close to it in our encyclopedia now is the well know furniture company, but you don't seem to be them, I guess. Well, Wikipedia has a policy that a company has to be of a certain stature with a signifacant public record of accomplishments in its field, so, uh.... (You have yet to answer question one about whatever the heck IZEA is good for, Carri.)

   About posting to Twitter, I believe I explained before, Carri, that I use GetGlue, which you seem oblivious to, so I'll explain further. When I write reviews of movies, books, songs, restaurants, topics of interest, and so on, that my family, friends, their friends, casual acquaintances, and anyone at all in the whole wide world who's interested might like to see, GetGlue posts them to both Facebook and Twitter, not to mention GetGlue itself, where I also have myriad friends and many followers including the CEO of GetGlue, Alex Iskold, with whom I've had numerous conversations through GetGlue's interface, which compares to IZEA's like Boeing's assembly line for jet airplanes does to the Wright brother's bicycle shop.

   If you'll take a look at my GetGlue profile, you'll see some other incentives that cost no money but make users feel good, a very important point in team morale, wouldn't you say, Carri?

  The key point for me is becoming a Guru of gurus (Teacher of teachers) as well as the guru of topics or works of particular interest to myself. You might notice that I'm guru of over a dozen. Take a look at the range. For instance, I became guru of Godel's Incompleteness Theorems, by discussing mathematics and logic. I became guru of Bahagavad Gita by discussing philosophy and religion. I became guru of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by talking about the book, the guru of student teaching by encouraging teachers, and I even became guru of Squirms, Screams and Squirts by writing erotic poetry.

   You can also see from the Recent Activity on  my profile, by clicking Network Theory, that I send you the following message: "@izealove For Carri [ http://getsatisfaction.com/people/carri_104871] Check Shaggy Dog ... & Let's Network! Got to GO! :D" (Only I misspelled "Network" with two "w"s and no "t" showing what a rush I was in to get all this information to you, Carri; but, not to flog a dead horse, the dog ate it!)

   Well, that's enough for you to go on, I guess. You should be able to answer my question now .... or maybe start thinking about making a career change from IZEA to GetGlue?

 Looking forward to hearing from you soon by comment here, there, or, who knows, maybe even by good old-fashioned email, but it's great not to have to worry about my precious messages being mangled by your poorly designed IZEA forum ever again. Dennis (Hypatia Theon) Wilkinson

2 Comments:

Blogger Hypatia Theon said...

I'm deleting my last "Vacation" post to get rid of around 150 spam comments that built up over the years of disuse, mainly because I'd foolishly allowed anonymous comments. Never again!

For the record that post was:

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Happy Holiday!

Personally, I've been thinking a lot about that last question, but still don't have a clearly expressible answer. How about you?

I have a long day of work ahead, so don't expect to be back until after the holiday. Happy Fourth of July to those of you who celebrate that. :)

posted by Hypatia Theon | 10:06 PM

150 Comments:

Anyway there was this one legitimate comment:

Doug said...

We'll look forward to your coming back from vacation. Bet there's a beach involved.

Wed Jul 06, 01:20:00 AM EST

All the rest (149) were pure SPAM!

Tue Jan 05, 11:03:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Unknown said...

Spam Spam Spam Spam....love it or hate it its all pure fat!

My goodness Dennis this is a very esoteric post. It will probably take me a month or so to just figure out the basics of some of what you are saying here.

The site looks well organized... and a bit different from my last visit - definitely better. I just would put the advertisements at the bottom of the page. It would make it more visually appealing. Or in the left hand side bar at the bottom. The message is you not them...

Lets create you a header. I will do that for you when I get back... no pressure to use it if you don't like it/them but it could be fun? Let me know the size specs and perimeters also the concept you are trying to convey. :)

Will be out of touch for awhile here over the pond and far away...ttyl - Take Care!

Tue Jan 19, 07:24:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home

MaximumAwesome.com




Google